Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year. My thoughts. 7 goals for a better me.

Ok, first, must admit, it's been so long since I actually posted, I forgot how to freaking post. Wow. 2012 has ended. And I can't say it was kind. But I'm not going to talk about it. Instead, Some resolutions.
2012... I don't really have anything to show for it. Unless a healthy, happy husky toddler counts LOL. Besides him, there is not much besides a few dozen pictures that I can point at and say "I did that. I'm proud of it." 2013 is going to be different. I'm going to make it that way.
So, after some thinking, I've made a few goals for myself.
#1. I spend way too much time on the computer. I spend way too much time messing around on the computer. I need to shut it down more.
#2. I need to exercise. I am pathetic at making myself exercise. But for a better me, I need it. Just a half hour a day would help.
#3. I need to DRAW more, as silly as that sounds. I LIKE to draw. I have TONS of art ideas I should have just sat down and drawn. I need to take a couple of hours every day, probably after Micah goes to bed for the night, and just draw something!
#4. No more 1:00 or later in the morning bedtimes. Midnight, I can still get enough sleep and enjoy most of the morning. but 1:00 or later, I get cranky. And It's not fair to my son or my husband. Also, no more sleeping the morning away to prevent cranky. Because I just end up staying up late again because I'm "not tired". Now, I know, I'm no morning person. making a goal of getting up at 6:00 am would just make me miserable. But 8:30 or 9:00, I can do that.
#5. Once A week, I'm going to write. Stories, just telling about my life, whatever, I need to write, because, again, I LIKE to write, but for some reason, I keep finding myself not writing. I keep waiting for a "great idea" to strike. I just need to freaking write.
#6. This kinda goes with number 2, but... I want to go on a walk with at least Micah, if not Shawn, every day. Might just be around the block, might be around the town, but a walk everyday would benefit us all.
#7. This is a big one. This would require a LOT. This one, I'm not sure how to start. I want (and need) to go back to school. I want to get into the culinary arts, I want to become a baker/candy maker. But this, this is scary. But I should really do it. Fall 2013 semester, I plan to be there, if not earlier. Job searching is frustrating for me. Though I found a job in the beginning of 2012, it was a crappy, horrible, stupid place to work. And pretty much any job I would be qualified for right now would be the same. And on top of this, practically nobody's hiring. So going back to school, learning to do something I would like to do, and getting some kind of foundation to build on... I want this, I need this. But its scary to think of what I might need to do to have a successful student this time. We might need to move closer to the school so I can afford to go. And I didn't do so hot the first time I was in school. the thought of possibly failing again.... yikes.

Anyway, 2013. You're going to be better than 2012 even if I have to beat it out of you. Here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment